Jack Fox, President
Bob Waterman, Vice President and Webmaster
Keith Britton, Treasurer
Mark Woloshin, Secretary
Meeting Called to Order at 5:35
Secretary Report (Mark W.)
Jack to provide list of all NSS members that are in
- Needs all current members to forward most current information to ensure that list is up to date (home address, home number, work number, home e-mail)
VP Report (Bob W.)
- Web pate has been updated. Updated the Congressional information (all 25 districts, 2 Senators, links to officeal web site)
- Sue G. suggested adding space related links (Exploration web page, etc.)
- Bob e-mailed members for comments. Go to http://nssflorida.org/ to see current web page. It is also possible to set up e-mail addresses from this site.
Treasurer Report (Keith)
- Current balance $113 ($40 deposited from last month's meeting)
President Report (Jack)
We have been challenged by NSS HQ to sponsor a $1000 scholarshipfor
- We are still not shown as a chapter on the NSS site. Will continue to inform NSS HQ of what the chapter is doing.
- Space Congress is scheduled for Fall 2005 to be run by the Space Foundation. Profits will go to Space Advocate groups. We will need to help. More to come.
- Main focus needs to be a letter writing campaign to all elected officials. Matt and Tracy provided form letter. First letter is to notify elected officials of our existence.
- Each member to send to the Federal Senators and appropriate Federal Representative. Jack will send to the state representatives.
- Will need an "ambassador" for each congressional district to send letters as significant events occur.
Jack - Congressman Keller
- Congressman Weldon
Keith - Congressman Feeney
Sue G. Space Day in
Space Industry inform elected officials about benefits of space
Possible involvement from our chapter?
- How do we get more members?
Matt H. work with Dave Kruhm
We all need to think about membership drives
meeting december 14 at the
King's Duck Inn (KDI) on
Meeting adjourned at 6:30.